- 960ml/32fl.oz. Milk
- 2 teasp Ground Wattleseed
- 1 teasp Vanilla Extract
- 1 teasp Wattleseed Extract (check ingredients)
- 90ml/3fl.oz. Fresh Vegetable Stock
- 225g/8oz Sugar
- A Pinch of Salt
- 5 Egg Yolks
1. Heat half the butter and oil in large saucepan, add the cabbage, onion, stock and thyme and mix well.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the egg yolks then, gradually add the hot milk mixture whisking constantly.
3. Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and cook over a medium heat, stirring, 2 to 3 minutes until the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon.
4. Strain the mixture through a fine sieve, allow to get cold then transfer to an ice cream machine and freeze-churn for 20 minutes or according to the manufacturers instructions.
Alternatively, once cold, transfer to a freezer proof plastic container, cover and place in the freezer for 1 hour. Remove from the freezer and beat vigorously to break up any ice crystals. Cover and re-freeze until required.
» Australia Recipes