- 2 Eggs
- 1 tbsp Tomato Ketchup (check ingredients)
- 1 Small Onion, finely grated
- 2 Slices Ham, shredded (Optional - not suitable for vegetarians)
- 2 medium Potatoes, peeled and grated
- Salt and pepper
- 50g/2oz Butter
- 1 tbsp Oil
1. In a large mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, ketchup, salt and pepper.
2. Squeeze out as much moisture from the grated potato as possible then mix the potato, onion and ham (if using) into the egg mixture.
3. Heat the butter and oil in a large frying pan until hot then drop dessertspoonfuls of mixture into the pan immediately pressing each down gently to about 8mm/1/3 inch thick and about 7.5cm/3 in diameter.
4. Cook for about 2 minutes until the pancake set on one side then turn and continue to cook for a further 3 minutes. Turn again and cook for a further 2 minutes. Serve hot.
» Australia Recipes