- 4 Egg Whites, at room temperature
- 200g/7oz Castor Sugar
- 1 teasp Cornflour
- 1 teasp Lime Juice
- 8 Passionfruit
- 300ml/10fl.oz. Double Cream, whipped
1. Preheat the oven to 275F, 140C, Gas Mark 1 and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the egg whites until they form stiff peaks then slowly add the castor sugar whilst still beating until the mixture is thick and glossy.
3. Add the lime juice and sift in the cornflour and fold in thoroughly.
4. Pile the egg white mixture onto the parchment paper, spreading it out to a depth of about 25cm/10-inches in diameter. Bake for 35 minutes until firm, then turn the oven off but leave the pavlova in it with the door slightly ajar until completely cool.
5. When ready to serve, cut the passionfruit in half and extract the pulp. Cover the cold pavlova with the whipped cream then spread trop with the passionfruit pulp.
» Australia Recipes