- 1 Leg of Lamb (allow 450g/1lb per person) See below
- 75g/3oz Fresh White Breadcrumbs
- 75g/3oz Streaky Bacon, chopped
- 75g/3oz Onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Freshly chopped Parsley
- 1 teasp Dried Mixed Herbs
- A pinch of Nutmeg
- The grated rind of 1/4 a Lemon
- 1 Egg, beaten
1. Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas mark 4.
2. In a large bowl, mix all ingredients, apart from the lamb, until thoroughly blended.
3. Make a deep incision in the fleshy part of the leg of lamb and fill with the stuffing. Secure with string or trussing needles.
4. Roast for 15-25 minutes per 450g/1lb plus 15 minutes depending on how well done you like your meat.
This is an Australian dish traditionally served at Christmas.
» Australia Recipes