- 75g/3oz Rolled Oats
- 125g/+4oz Castor Sugar
- 75g/3oz Desiccated Coconut
- 100g/4oz Plain Flour
- 2 tbsp Golden Syrup
- 1 teasp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 2 tbsp Boiling Water
- 100g/4oz Butter, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4 and line some baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the oats, sugar, coconut and flour.
3. Place the golden syrup, soda and boiling water in a saucepan, heat gently then add the butter and mix well.
4. Add to the flour mixture and mix thoroughly.
5. Place spoonfuls of the mixture onto the lined baking sheets, allowing room for biscuits to spread then bake for approx 15minutes.
Cool on a wire rack
» Australia Recipes